Prompt for this week: Five things you would like to do more?
- Travel. I am sure this was a given seeing some of my previous posts. I would love to travel more. Sometimes I wonder if I have a nomad soul. My top places that I would like to visit, in no order of course. United States: Glacier National Park, Grand Canyon, Alaska, Washington DC, Maine, and Utah. Abroad: Germany, Iceland, Greenland, Sweden, Scotland, Australia, Antartica, India….the list continues!
- Not let fear hold me back. I have learned that fear has held me back from a lot of things. Fear of failing, fear of rejection, fear of acceptance, fear of getting hurt, and fear of vulnerability. There are times in my life when I have experienced all of these. Many of the times I have learned valuable lessons or things were much better off once I did whatever it was. However, the feelings are still there and can hold me back. So yea, less holding back.
- Giving myself grace. I am extremely hard on myself. I find that most people I talk to are the same way. It is nice to know you are not alone, but it can still be difficult to navigate your journey with grace giving. I use to say that I give grace very well, but accepting it for myself is another story. Later, I heard someone mention how “you cannot give grace fully if you cannot accept it fully for yourself”. That has stuck with me for a great while. And the more I unwrap that sentence, the more truth I see in it.
- Building community. My healthiest self is when I am in community with other healthy people. We are all broken and healthy does not mean we are perfect. It means we are taking care of ourselves, being vulnerable, working through the junk or putting necessary boundaries up, and I tend to just be in a better mood. I love living life with people. God made us to be in community with one another. Community can get lost in the daily routine of work or other responsibilities. I would like to lean into community more, seek it out, and build trusting relationships.
- Spread the Gospel. I want people to know my Jesus. Salvation. Freedom. Grace. Mercy. The journey of living a life of purpose. He has a plan for each of us. The course is not always easy, but He is with us always.
The more I look at this list the more I see the interwoven pieces of each. This journal prompt has been extremely helpful and pushed me to be vulnerable. I hope it can be helpful for you too.
Until next week…